Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Albania

Ok, I'm playing 'catch-up' here. I started this earlier but haven't been able to finish it until today. I'll see if I can get you caught up over the next few posts.

Feb 26
Wow, I just got back from a 5 day 'whirl wind tour' of Albania. The point of the trip was to connect with the leadership of the Evangelical Free Church of Albania. Rick had made a few trips to meet the pastors, but hadn't been able to personally stay in contact with them over the past couple of years. The one thing Rick felt like he could do to help these young churches out was to connect them with some US churches. One church has been working with this group of churches for a few years and another began over a year ago. My role is to learn as much as I can about what God is doing there among the churches and how we might be able to help them. They planned a pretty packed itinerary for us so I could learn a lot. =)

The first night we had dinner with the board. What a great bunch of young pastors! We spent the first few days in Berat with Petrit and Sonila. They are a great couple with some awe inspiring stories of how God has been working in Albania. We visited different cities around Berat for a couple of days, meeting people and seeing how God is working there. I preached in Lushnje on Sunday and had coffee with the elders there. We ended the day in Durres with the pastor there at an evangelistic outreach they had. We spent the last day of our tour was in Tirane, the capital meeting with different missionaries to get more information on the ministry there.
One interesting fact that Petrit pointed out was a city named, 'Saint Todd.' So I had my picture taken at the sign entering the city. Who knows what the name really means. =)






Posted by Picasa

No comments: