Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mileage

I’m sitting in my office.

I haven’t been able to say that too often this year. This room isn’t even where my office was at the start of the year. It is the same building, so I guess that’s something. Today has been kind of a ‘self-debrief’ of my October. I was in the US for 5 weeks for Europe leadership meetings, a couple events, and to find more partners for the work in Europe.

100_1684

The leadership meetings went well. It was the first time that we had an extended time with our new leader David Ruiz. (Below is his talk at Cape Town 2010.)The week was a great time for us all to get to know each other better and begin to focus our direction as a leadership team.

The events were great. I was at the EFCA Great Lakes District conference where there were some great speakers (Mark Batterson was one of them) and I was able to talk with some great pastors & church planters about engaging in Europe. The Missions Fest at the Compass Church in Naperville, IL was also exciting as they focused on ministry in Europe.

As I was going over my calendar for those 5 weeks, I realized that I traveled by car about 3,000 miles. Now, I’m sure there are people who do that all the time. I’m not one of them. That was a lot of driving for me, but it was worth every mile. I was able to spend some time with some awesome pastors and church planters. It encouraged me, it was refreshing to just be with these men.

No comments: