Monday, October 26, 2009

How I spent Saturday

I spent quite a bit of time with the guys down at the 'gumiserviz' last Saturday. That's where they change your tires. All season tires are rare in Europe. Most people have a set of summer tires and winter tires. I don't own two sets of rims for each car, so I take the cars down to get the winter tires put on. I also had one tire that was pretty much destroyed by a curb which seemed to be unnecessarily close to the road. That meant that I was able to explore the jack and the spare tire as well as honing my tire changing skills. All is in good order. The VW (pictured) had to make a return trip to the gumiserviz after I was able to remove a nail from the roadway by lodging it in one of my tires.

The guys who work at the gumiserviz put up with my practically non-existent Hungarian, which is nice since I get to spend so much time with them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: