Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter

This morning I got up early. When it got light enough to see outside, it still looked pretty dark. Not a nice morning, clouds.

I went to the building where the church meets. We shared the Lord's Table (I got to help serve). We shared breakfast together (I got to help serve there, too). Then we spent more time in worship as we heard from John 11 where Lazarus was brought back to life (not like what Jesus did when He was raised to new life). Finally, we heard a pretty cool production (video, song, narration) looking at the crucifixion and resurrection. A good morning.

This afternoon I looked out and saw the sun. It was bright and clean.

Something Paul wrote in his letter to the church in Colosse came to mind: '...you trusted in the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.' In the letter he wrote to the church in Ephesus, he said that same power is at work in us who believe Him.

The sun's shining in my life.

No comments: