Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The In-Between Time

Delta is nicely reminding me that I have 16 days until departure. Didn’t I just do arrival? It seems like I still haven’t completely unpacked my head (and heart) from my last trip and it’s time to get ready for the next one.

Bethany is off in Cyprus for her Senior trip. Everything seems to be going well there. A small break before the rash of graduation parties. Graduation parties are great, it’s just that they come in bunches.

I’m working on getting stuff fixed around the house, or getting it ready for us to be gone for a few months. If I was a better blogger there would be a picture of me putting the door back on the shed after it blew completely off. I wonder how many times you can re-attach one door? Actually, doors are problematic for me right now. I still have to re-hang the one on the closet where the wood rotted away, and figure out how to get the front door to close without herculean effort. Just a couple of the ‘around the house’ things on my list.

My whiteboard is covered with the ‘my role’ stuff I need to get done in the next two weeks. Everything from vehicle and housing for our time in the US to next steps for the work in several countries. I’m not sure if replacing the battery in my watch is ‘around the house’ or ‘my role’ but it had better happen this afternoon.

I’m asking God to help me make sure I get the most important things done and to be at peace leaving what I can’t get done undone. In the mean time, I’ll give you a little taste of how much I enjoy being back home with my family.

No comments: