Wednesday, September 01, 2010

119 Thoughts

I won’t list them all, but I did want to share a couple thoughts I wrote in my journal as I read through Ps 119. Most of these come from the second half of the psalm.

v. 126 It is time for you to act, O Lord, Your law is being broken.       -Father, You need to act in Europe.

v. 130 The unfolding of Your Word gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.       -Help me to skillfully explain/apply Your word in my preaching and conversation.

v. 133 Direct my footsteps according to Your Word; let no sin rule over me.    -Let my devotion be radical.

v. 143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but Your commands are my delight.   -I want to find more delight in my Father than in my sin.

v. 162 I rejoice in Your promise like one who finds great spoil.   -I want to feel like I just found an extra $1000 when I open Your Word.

Nothing special, but I thought you might benefit in some way. =)

No comments: