Thursday, September 02, 2010

The next 22 days

Looking at the calendar, I’ve got 22 days until I head back to the US for our European Division Leadership Team (EDLT) meeting and a very important time of ‘support team building.’ Preparing for that is pretty important if I want it to be a successful time. However I can’t lose these days with my family. I’m not looking forward to being gone for a minimum of five weeks, maybe more if I don’t find more partners.

The ‘felt need’ for the family is for me to make sure everything is working when I leave. The desktop computer is back from the repair shop and the Ford Galaxy went in today. Hopefully, everything will cooperate and we’ll be set by the time I fly out.

Time. That’s the one thing that I feel the most stress about. There is so much to do, but I want to make sure that I’m spending time with Kristi and the kids. Good time. Time where they know that I’m engaging with them, present with them. Picking them up after school, fixing dinner for the family, and making time to talk with them about what’s happening in their life.

Now that I’m thinking about it, I should probably be living with this attitude every day and not just the next 22.

No comments: